COMMERCIAL SALES MANAGER
Friday 12th February 2021
Overview of role:Commercial Sales Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Sales Manager for a Water Technologies company based in Kildare.
This role is to manage the Sales Teams to deliver the Technologies Ireland Growth Plan and Annual Budget, and the following core requirements of the role:
- Build high-performance Sales Teams Penetrate priority markets to drive capital sales and build the installed base, and expand the commercial footprint and revenue streams across the customer base
- Deliver ‘Excellence every day’ at every customer touchpoint and across all Sales Team activities
Sales Team Management-
- Develop and execute commercial strategies to drive topline growth and enhanced profitability aligned to the goals and objectives of the Growth Plan.
- Define and drive weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets across the Ireland Sales Teams to deliver the Annual Budget.
- Manage Sales Team performance on a rolling weekly, monthly, quarterly basis to ensure high-performance and delivery of sales objectives, key results, targets and KPI.
- Continuously train and develop the Sales Teams (as required).
- Monitor the performance of the Sales Teams (including review of development plans) to ensure “Excellence every day” across all Sales Team activities.
- Management of the Sales Teams and related HR responsibilities:
– Sales planning and activity management
– Customer lead generation, sales funnel and CRM management
– Tender management and bid/offer negotiations
– Sales target setting and bonus/commission management
– Sales Team compensation and annual salary reviews
– Expenses management
– Recruitment and inductions
– Training and talent development
– Performance management and reporting of performance metrics
– Management of time, attendance and annual leave
- Ensure that best practice and quality standards are met at all times and that all company procedures are followed across the Sales Teams.
- Keep up to date with all Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental (QHSE) regulations, ensuring understanding and compliance across the Sales Teams.
- Build deep working relationships with key stakeholders across the key customer base to ensure our position as a “Trusted Partner”.
- Jointly develop and roll-out five year customer development plans.
Business and Market Development-
- Develop and execute rolling three year business and market development plans to penetrate the priority markets in Ireland and drive sales growth.
- Conduct continuous market and competitor research to monitor key trends.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with internal partners and external commercial partners.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new growth markets and expansion of the commercial partnerships.
- Build and maintain a network and close links across the key industry associations and regulatory bodies related to the water treatment market in Ireland.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of driving and motivating a sales team
- The Commercial Manager will be expected to travel throughout Ireland to execute the responsibilities and tasks of the role. International travel may also be required, as necessary
Salary & Package on offer- Basic salary of €70K to €75K + Commissions + Expenses + Benefits