Accounting & Finance
Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
Thursday 19th January 2023
Overview of role:
We are actively seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant for our client, a global leader in the food manufacturing industry based in Co. Westmeath. Due to continued growth, this is a brand new, full-time and permanent position.
The FP&A Accountant is responsible for being a business partner between the group wide finance team and the group Managing Director.
- Provide support to senior management (in particular Group MD) by providing accurate and timely strategic information
- Work closely with all areas of the business in terms of financial analysis, financial modelling and driving process improvement
- Lead group-wide business case reviews on capital projects (over €100k) and presentations of recommendations to senior management
- Provide assistance in collating reports and presentations with sound commercial insights
- Support operations teams (including Site General Managers and Engineering Managers) in controlling spend, improving internal controls and implementing labour books / standard manning processes
- Ensure that all operational and strategic action plans are communicated and followed up across the group on a continuous basis
- Maintenance of a tracker / database of key commodity and input costs in support of the procurement team
- Involvement in numerous ad-hoc projects across the business as advised by the MD or senior management
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years’ PQE
- Strong numerical skills and comfortable working with financial models
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent level of communication to work with key stakeholders at senior management level
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, particularly during peak periods
- Willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and learn the business
- Excellent business and commercial acumen
- High level of IT proficiency with an advanced level of MS Excel
- Flexible with oversees travel
The starting salary for this role will range at €75K – €80K, plus pension.
There will be flexibility for hybrid working for the successful individual.
Overseas travel will be a requirement in this role on a monthly basis.