Freight Forwarding – Team Lead
Thursday 2nd June 2022
Overview of role:
We currently recruiting for the position of Freight Forwarding Team Lead for our global client in the freight industry based in North Dublin.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all operational matters. This includes managing operational cost, monitoring schedules & routes, ensuring correct documentation, and making sure that team members are aware of their duties.
The purpose of this role is to manage, develop and lead a customer-focused operational support team in providing effective and efficient handling of all customers operational requirements, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- To complete the day-to-day processing of import/export manifests and bookings in line with company policy and procedures
- To provide excellent customer service to our customers by responding to customer enquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- To meet the operational day to day delivery needs of our customers in the most cost efficient and effective manner
- Responsible for ensuring that files are managed accordingly, and that billing and costing are input and processed as per company procedures and time frames
- Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on order progression and any deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time
- Communicating with other departments within the company as well as external parties to agree discrepancies raised by our agents
- To display and promote a positive work environment through respecting & supporting work colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed
- Comply fully with the defined operating procedures (SOP’s) and processes
- Comply fully with the administration duties inclusive of investigating, sourcing, processing, and inputting into reports or other reports as requested in a timely and efficient manner
- Support resources through effectively resolving service-related issues and/or queries while proactively reviewing the most effective approach
- Support all continuous improvement initiatives including cross departmental projects through proactive engagement
- Proactively support and fully comply with the Companies Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in multi-modal freight forwarding is essential
- Previous operations experience in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 3 to 4 years’ experience managing a team on an operational basis
- Excellent communicator capable of managing upwards and downwards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel with the ability to run reports
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Good Communications skills with proven work performance results
- Exposure to working to KPI’s and the deliverance of same
- Knowledge of another European language would be an advantage
This is a full-time, permanent role with salary of €45K plus €4K annual bonus, pension and excellent development opportunities.
The working hours for this role are Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30.