Ocean Freight Forwarder
Monday 8th May 2023
Overview of role:
We are actively seeking an Ocean Freight Forwarder for our client in the logistics industry based in Lusk, North Dublin.
- Plan, organise and execute sea freight support activities such as order processing, order scheduling, timely updating of transactions within the ocean system
- Deal with inbound emails, calls & queries liaising with customers and suppliers
- Assist with KPI data and reporting updates and responsible for working on Imports & Exports
- Responsible for assisting with Health & Safety and ensuring compliance
- Add or complete the shipment details on the SF Shipment
- Account management from the A-to-Z process will be required
- Co-loader followed by proactive follow-ups
- Work closely with the team lead to deal with sales enquiries
- Work with shipping lines and agents on shipment updates & rates
- Assist with the daily administration
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in ocean freight forwarding in a busy logistics environment
- FIATA or similar qualifications will be an advantage
- Efficient MS Office skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Customer-focused and a friendly disposition
- A team player with the ability to work on your own initiative
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary of €40K – €45K DOE plus bonus, pension and hybrid working.
Working hours will be Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30.