Operations Manager – Up To €85k + Benefits
Tuesday 17th October 2023
Overview of role:
We are recruiting for an Operations Manager for a leading food processing plant in Co. Meath, 15 minutes from Dublin 15 area
Excellent salary on offer up to €85K + Benefits for experienced candidate.
You will report to the Site Manager and be responsible for managing all activities in a multi-site food production facility.
Your duties will include ensuring the safety, quality, efficiency, engagement, and development of department staff, maintaining cost efficiency, and complying with regulations while driving improvements and meeting objectives.
You will manage and develop a team of 20 heads of department with a workforce of over 300, while delivering operational excellence.
- You will be responsible for all functional areas of a Food Processing plant
- Maintain continuous improvement of Site Production procedures
- Managing a team of 20 heads of department, with a workforce of over 300
- Provide a safe work environment, a positive work culture, consistent product quality and cost-effective operations
- You will lead the way in procedural compliance and improvement, employee engagement and personal development
- Ensuring audit compliance; and ensuring that the site management team deliver on production, planning, quality control, maintenance, waste, direct labour, and materials, whilst generating reports on these financial targets and other KPI’s
- Efficient operations of production shifts, maintenance, human resources, safety, shipping, receiving, sanitation, scheduling, quality, and process improvement
- Responsible for food safety, food quality and legality
- Administering contracts with service providers
- Resolving issues related to the quality of incoming and outgoing goods
- Reviewing cost and performance data to help determine areas in need of improvement
- Compiling weekly efficiency reports and obtaining approval and executing all capital improvements for the facility
- Other duties include initiating discussion and implementation of improvement in all phases of production, assisting in identifying, evaluating, and correcting problems and performing other duties as the need arises
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in the food processing industry essential
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Food Production Industry
- Strong analytical skills & problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills are necessary
- Knowledge and technical skills in a variety of production jobs
- Proficiency in Excel preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication
- Understand and comply with Company policy and procedures