Accounting & Finance
Payroll & Bookkeeping Executive
Wednesday 1st March 2023
Overview of role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll & Bookkeeping Executive to work with our client based in Swords Co. Dublin.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and analytical Payroll & Accounting Technician, who is a team player and has a positive can-do attitude.
- Ensure the accurate processing of Payroll on a weekly basis for 200+ employees
- Mange the transition of Payroll function from external providers to in-house
- Ensure all real time Payroll requirements and deadlines are met
- Sending payslips to all staff on a weekly basis
- Manage the registration of starters and de-registration of leavers through Payroll and revenue online
- Process weekly bank payments files through online banking
- Reconcile and maintain payroll related accounts e.g. pension contributions, bike/bus to work, health insurance, BIK etc.
- Deal with staff queries responsively, accurately and confidentially
- Prepare and submit all Revenue returns relating to Payroll
- Prepare and submit payroll related CSO returns
- Manage staff expense claims
- Support any payroll system upgrades
- Ensure GDPR compliance in relation to maintaining employee records and archives
- Support Finance & HR team with tasks as required on time and attendance system
- Maintain own Knowledge on Payroll and Employment Legislation updates
- Assisting Finance Team with preparation of Monthly & Quarterly Financial Reports
- Assisting with preparing Quarterly Financial Pack for Directors & Management
- Updating Turnover Folders Monthly with HSE Reports, Cash & Card Transactions, VAT etc.
- Assist with preparation of Group VAT Returns on a Bi-Monthly Basis
- Reconciliation of Control Accounts eg. Cash Control, Pensions, Wages etc.
- Preparation & Posting of Journals to Sage 200
- Assist with filing of F45s (Withholding Tax) on a timely basis through Revenue on Line
- Any other duties as requested by your Line Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the Business
Suitable candidate should have the following to qualify for this role:
- Minimum relevant payroll or IPASS qualification essential (or equivalent relevant payroll experience)
- Accounting Technician or equivalent. Working towards Examinations with Professional Accountancy Institutes (ACCA, CPA etc.) also considered
- 3 to 4 years’ proven experience in payroll systems gained within a in a high-volume, fast-paced payroll function
- Familiarity on working with a time and attendance system desirable, but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Package , particularly Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to strict deadlines, as well as on own initiative
- Salary will depend on experience and qualifications, ranging from €50K to €60K
- Hybrid Working – 1 to 2 days working from home weekly
- Flexible working hours – 37.5 hours week
- Other Benefits