Friday 12th February 2021
Overview of role:Procurement Officer
We are currently looking to recruit a Procurement Officer for a permanent position based in Celbridge, Co Kildare.
- Procurement for all business areas (Service Business, Engineering, Finance, Sales) to ensure best practice for the procurement of parts and equipment.
- Assisting the business in developing our supply chain management.
- Review and analyse all suppliers, supply and price options.
- Procure goods and services to be delivered to our projects nationwide including raising purchase orders.
- Liaise regularly with vendors to ensure we are receiving the most cost optimised service to suit our business needs.
- Identify areas for procurement efficiencies and locate potential vendors where required.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Maintain knowledge of all organisational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organisation staff members and to vendors.
- Generate all Purchase Orders for non-stock items excluding Project items.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- Responsibility for updating prices on the system in line with the company policies.
- Working closely with the Logistics controller to monitor our carrier performance and costs.
Stock Administration & General-
- Oversee and administer the Part System: parts creation and price file maintenance.
- Apply stock accuracy improvement measures; recommend and maintain the approved stock levels; issue all stock items; prepare and issue the Stock Re-order.
- Report; manage stock rotation and obsolescence.
- Assist in the preparation and issue of proposals for site refurbishments in accordance with Engineering Department Procedures.
- Adhere to Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ISO Regulations.
- Safeguard and maintain relevant Company equipment.
- Travel from time to time within Ireland and overseas.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working hours in order to cope with urgent situations and an unexpected workload.
- An ability to multitask is essential to this role.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years experience in similar role within procurement.
- To take full ownership and accountability for resolving all queries – and to seek direction and approval from management where required.
- Strong and professional relationships with customers and colleagues, and to deliver excellent service to the very best of your abilities at all times.
- Strong IT & Software experience
Salary & Package on Offer – Salary guide depending on experience ranges from €40K to €45K + Laptop / Phone / Health & Pension / Flexible working hours
€40,000 - €45,000