Senior European Lead
Saturday 2nd January 2021
Overview of role:Permanent
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced European Operations Lead for a busy Freight Forward company based in Dublin North
The successful candidate will head up European team, to manage and coordinate all import/export transport and forwarding activities. This position will also work closely with Managers across other departments within Operations to support the development of the overall function and the wider team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage European Team:
- Day to day management and direct assistance of European operations team to ensure all transactions are processed timely and accurately in line with company procedures and expectations.
- Manage staff hours and holidays to ensure adequate cover in place when required.
- Ensure all staff are up to date with training and fully comply with legislation and industry norms. Ensure staff are cross trained to provide cover where required.
- Ensure full compliance with company health and safety policy.
- Manage staff performance including appraisals in line with company policy.
Manage relations and services with existing partners and further identify and bring new opportunities:
- Ensure all Transport providers operate in line with company agreements for service levels and pricing.
- Set up and manage regular meetings to review performance and pricing of Transport providers.
- Agree where required specific pricing or services.
- Review new agent opportunities and make recommendations to the senior management team.
- Ensure correct procedures are agreed and implemented for management of business requirements.
- Process management from start to finish with an easy to do business approach.
Manage relations and services with suppliers
- Ensure all suppliers are working in line with agreements on service and pricing.
- Maintain and grow our relationships with agents.
- Haulier negotiation skills on SLA basis with increased focus on rates and performance.
- Set up and manage regular meetings to review performance and pricing.
- Agree, where required, specific pricing or services.
- Review suppliers and actively look for new suppliers to improve pricing and services available.
- Review operations to ensure best options are being used, including co. load and container service options.
- Ensure all suppliers are registered and managed in line with the company supplier approval policy.
Suitable candidate should have the following:
- Proven record in European planning and vast knowledge of routing at least 4 years’ experience
- Proven record in Management of staff and performance based on KPI/OTE models.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage a team.
- Proven capacity to adopt and promote a teamwork style within departments and across the Organisation.
- Demonstrated relevant sectoral knowledge.
Salary will very much depend on experience but range from €50K to €55K