Accounting & Finance
Friday 1st September 2023
Overview of role:
Currently recruiting for Tax Manager for a nationwide chartered accountancy and business advisory firm with the option of working from home or working within a hybrid model.
Our client provides a wide range of tax, audit and accounting services to domestic and overseas businesses in Ireland, with over 250 employees in multiple locations.
A team of over 30 Tax Professionals and 4 Tax Partners that provide expert compliance, consultancy and advisory services to a variety of corporate and personal clients domestically and internationally.
They deliver dynamic solutions to their extensive client base on areas including;
- corporate restructures
- mergers and acquisitions
- succession and retirement planning
- inbound and outbound investment and relocation
- private clients – investment, wealth management and tax planning
Client base includes multinational and domestic groups (inbound and outbound) operating in diverse sectors including technology, med-tech, manufacturing, renewables, property and hospitality
Roles can be tailored based on your experience and career development objectives – so whether you want to broaden your role to gain consultancy experience across all tax heads, continue to focus on compliance or retain/develop a niche focus on a specialist area, our client is hiring.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and lead the delivery of high quality tax advice and service to those clients
- Work closely with the Tax Partners, Directors on developing the service provided to a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Undertaking specific consultancy assignments, in all areas of tax, to include Income Tax, Corporation Tax, CGT, CAT and VAT.
- Advise clients on business structuring, mergers and acquisitions, cross border expansion, financing, tax audits etc
- Advise clients on succession planning
- Produce reports and presentations for clients
- Engage with Revenue on client matters, including Revenue audits
- Manage a tax team
- Assist with firm wide training and business development initiatives
- Membership of the Irish Taxation Institute
- Top 10 firm experience would be desirable, but not essential
- Ideally 2 years post qualification experience in a management role in a tax practice or industry in Ireland
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A broad range of experience
- An ability to manage a high performing team
- Broad exposure to tax consultancy assignments would be desirable, but not essential
Competitive compensation package with a defined career progression path
- Salary Guide for this position will depend on years’ experience and qualifications but will range as follows and is negotiable for the right person: €70K to €90K
- Flexible working arrangements – the ability to work at home, or from one of our offices nationwide
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Professional Subscriptions
- Corporate Discounts
- Social Club
- Employee Incentive Schemes
- Holidays up to 25 a year