TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Friday 12th February 2021
Overview of role:Technical Support Engineer ( Mechanical or Technical)
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer and this role will report to the Service Operations Manager. This role is located in Kildare.
- Provide technical support to external customers and internal teams as required.
- Support the Service Operations Manager in elevating the technical skills and knowledge of the Field Service Team by preparing engineers.
- Develop the Grading Structure for all members of the Field Service Team with a view to progressing them efficiently through the Grading Structure by working alongside the Customer Service Scheduler to facilitate / organise completion of the appropriate training.
- Identify spare parts and consumables for the Service Business Team and customers and generate the List of Spare Parts and Consumables for Company products as required.
Technical & Commercial Site Reviews-
- Develop and deliver technical training programmes for Ireland customers (in-house, on-site or via digital media) covering water treatment theory, best practice, systems, products and services.
- Conduct Customer Site Audits to proactively target and capture commercial opportunities to expand the Installed Base across the client base and Ireland Customer Base.
- Support with Quotation Order Forms (QOF’s) from the Service Engineers.
- Provide the technical data required in the preparation of customer service contracts.
- Collaborate with, and provide technical support to, the Technical Support Engineer to prepare risk assessments and method statements, as required.
- Generate Calibration Certificates resulting from Service Reports.
- In conjunction with the Senior Technical Services Executive, organise Technical Service Manuals to coincide with the release of new products or changes to current products.
- Assist in the generation of company documentation as required.
- Prepare and issue proposals for site refurbishments in accordance with Engineering Department Procedures.
- Adhere to Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ISO Regualtions.
- Comply with Health & Safety obligations and regulations.
- Safeguard and maintain relevant Company equitment.
- Travel from time to time within Ireland and overseas.
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Have a third level qualification in Electrical or Mechanical.
- Experience in planning / coordination and meeting deadlines.
Salary guide for this role is €40K to €45K + Flexible working hours + options of working from home part time + Pension + Healthcare + Laptop + Mobile Phone
€40,000 - €45,000